Raising Special Kids began in 1979 as a grassroots effort of families, professionals, and community leaders determined to provide support and information for parents of children with disabilities and special health care needs. Their motto, “families helping families,” reflects their commitment to support families in all forms and from diverse cultures. Today, Raising Special Kids serves as Arizona’s Family-to-Family Health Information Center, and as Arizona’s Parent Training and Information Center.
Helping parents access information about health care, community resources, and support services so they can make informed decisions regarding their children’s care has been their focus from the beginning. Raising Special Kids supports thousands of Arizona families each year through their programs and services.
Raising Special Kids offers Early Childhood Education (birth to Kindergarten) workshops. If you are interested in the following topics, please email email@example.com or call (602) 242-4366 or (800) 237-3007.
- The Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP).
- How to make a smooth transition from early intervention services to preschool at age three.
- The Individualized Education Program (IEP) process including evaluation, eligibility and services provided by local public school districts.
- The process of transitioning from preschool to Kindergarten.
- Skills parents can work on at home.