Want a degree in Early Childhood Education and don’t know where to start? Use these tips to help you towards your goal!
How To Get Started
- Create a free Registry account at www.azregistry.org
- Choose an Institute of Higher Education (IHE) to attend (Community College or University) and become a student
- Meet with an Advisor at your IHE
- Obtain an Education Plan SIGNED by your Advisor
- Obtain a list of Tuition, Books, Course and College Fees from your Advisor
- Apply for FAFSA at www.studentaid.gov
- Apply for the First Things First College Scholarship through your Registry account
IMPORTANT – Check with your academic advisor about the submission of payment, some institutions want payment in 24 hours. If that is the case you need to apply for the scholarship first, then enroll in your College Courses.
After applying for the scholarship, you MUST UPLOAD THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS in your Arizona Early Childhood Workforce Registry account:
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Proof of FAFSA Application – Required Annually
- Education Plan Created with your Advisor
- Course Tuition, Book Costs, Course & College Fees
Helpful Tip: Uploading documents into the Registry
On your toolbar under My Tools & Settings, select My Profile and at the bottom select Upload New File.