In addition to the $3.5 billion for CCDBG provided by Congress in the recent CARES Act, there are multiple options for child care programs across states and settings to get financial support to survive this crisis. This webinar from NAEYC will bring together expertise from the banking, business, and child care industries with lessons from the first few days following the opening of the Paycheck Protection Program, in order to help you learn about how the different options work, which might be best for you, and what precise steps you have to take to apply for them.
- Register here for the webinar in English: Thursday, April 9 from 4:30 – 5:30 pm ET
- Register here for the webinar in Spanish: Friday, April 10 from 4:30 – 5:30 pm ET
While the bulk of the webinar will focus on helping participants understand and navigate through the SBA loan options, we will also talk about how these options intersect with unemployment insurance, as we know many folks have questions about this.
Resources from NAEYC’s partners:
- SBA loan immediately available to child care providers (First Five Years Fund)
- Emergency loans small business guide and checklist in English and in Spanish (Chamber of Commerce)
- The small business owner’s guide to the CARES Act (U.S. Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrpreneurship
- SBA explainer and Unemployment compensation explainer (Bipartisan Policy Center and Committee for Economic Development)
- Small business & COVID-19 resources (Main Street Alliance)