Seeking Education and Work Experience? Project FUTRE is an Education & Apprenticeship Program designed to offer you both education and work experience to become a Behavioral Health Paraprofessional trained to work with families that experience the impacts of opiate misuse and substance use disorder. As an apprentice you will hold a unique position to reach out and support other parents and family members through your own lived experiences.
Who can join Project FUTRE?
Individuals with lived experience or who self identify as being a parent or family member of an individual with an opioid use or substance use experience.
- $750 monthly stipend + $500 completion bonus!
- Six-month certification training in Family Support and Recovery concepts
- Certification as Parent and Family Support Specialist (must qualify)
- CPR/First Aid and assistance with AZ Fingerprint Clearance
- Hands on learning and job shadowing with a local health and wellness organization
*Please note that classroom education will be held on-line until further notice.
Apprenticeship (separate application, optional):
- Twelve-month employment opportunity with local health and wellness organization as an apprentice
- Full-time hours and health benefits
- $500 apprenticeship completion bonus
- Mentorship and clinical guidance
Application DUE November 18, 2021, NOON
Apply at www.fcm.arizona.edu/Project-FUTRE
To participate you will need: computer with a camera, Internet, and a commitment to your employment goals.
*Support is available to access computers and Internet.