As an early care and education provider, you play a critical role in the health and wellbeing of children. You are also very well positioned to help identify children who might need extra help in their development. This FREE online training course, Watch Me! Celebrating Milestones and Sharing Concerns, helps you fulfill this role by providing tools and best practices for monitoring the development of children in your care and talking about it with their parents.
This 1-hour, 4-module course focuses on:
- Why monitoring children’s development is important
- Why you have a unique and important role in developmental monitoring
- How to easily monitor each child’s developmental milestones
- How to talk with parents about their child’s development
Learning objectives for the training include:
- List three developmental concerns that early care and education providers should monitor.
- Identify at least three developmental milestones for class’s age group.
- Describe how to use “Learn the Signs. Act Early.” resources in early care and education work with children and parents.
- Describe two communication strategies to use when talking with families about their child’s development.
Early educators receive CEU credits for CDC’s FREE 1-hour training on monitoring children’s developmental milestones. CDC’s “Learn the Signs. Act Early.” program offers Watch Me! training to support early care and education providers in their work with families on early development and in connecting families to services and support that can make a real difference. Take the training by visiting www.cdc.gov/WatchMeTraining.