February 14, 2018
Arizona Early Childhood Network
Early childhood education is important, and to reward students who have been continuing their education through the First Things First College Scholarship program, scholars may be compensated through the First Things First Bonus program.
The further a scholar advances their education, the larger the bonus a scholar can attain. There are four different tiers for the First Things First Bonus program.
To obtain the $150 Bonus, the scholar must complete any one of the following criteria:
- Successfully complete six credit hours in ECE/ECSE/CFS/ECA/ITD/CD.
- Obtain a CDA awarded by the Council for Professional Recognition in Washington, DC
- Complete 12 credits towards degree in ECE/ECSE/CFS/ECA/ITD/CD
For the $300 Bonus, the requirement is:
- Complete 24 credit hours towards a degree in ECE/ECSE/CFS/ECA/ITD/CD.
The next Bonus level is $900. To attain this Bonus, one must attain one of the following:
- An Associate degree in ECE or a related field
- An Associate degree in a non-ECE major with 24 credits in ECE/ECSE/CFS/ECA/ITD/CD
Finally, to obtain the $1,500 Bonus, the scholar must have completed one of the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree in ECE or related field.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in non-ECE major with 24 credit hours in ECE/ECSE/CFS/ECA/ITD/CD
If a scholar meets the requirements for any of these Bonus levels, then the next step would be to apply and send in all of the corresponding documentation.
To apply for the Bonus, go to: http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/3530012/2017-Bonus-Application-First-Things-First-College-Scholarship
There, the scholar will be able to fill out the application and upload the necessary documents. The applicant will be prompted to submit the needed documentation on the application page, or the documents can also be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The documents needed are:
- Current employment or volunteer experience verification.
- Proof of FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) submission completed during the scholarship period.
- Official Transcript (ordered from the student’s institution and be mailed directly to the mailing address located at the bottom of the Registry page. E-transcripts are also accepted, send to email@example.com.)
- FACTA Compliant Substitute W-9 completion (the form can be found here: http://www.asset.asu.edu/documents/downloads/FATCA-Compl-SubW9-Vendor-Auth-12-12-14.pdf)
- Commitment completion for first-year FTF scholars. One of the following must be completed
- Completion of FTF Champion Training (Early Childhood Everyday)
- Completion of Health and Safety Specialist Training
- Completing a second-year scholar requirement.
- Commitment of completion for second-year scholars. One of the following must be completed.
- Conduct a Champion Training.
- Attend a regional council meeting and share your educational story.
- Mentor a new college scholarship recipient.
- Completion of an activity which contributes to the field of early education (as approved by the administrative home).
Once the application is filled out in its entirety, and all of the needed paperwork has been submitted, the applicant’s documents will be reviewed. If everything is acceptable, a check for the correct tier will be sent out to the home address on file. Please ensure the address in the Registry is correct, or else the check could be sent to an incorrect address.
If you have any questions about the Bonus program, please call 855-818-6613 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.