1. Ask your U.S. Congressional Representatives to invest in child care.
On Thursday, October 28, President Biden announced a new framework for the Build Back Better (BBB) Act, which includes $400 billion for child care and early learning over the next 6 years. If the Build Back Better Act is signed into law, it will dramatically transform ECE for nearly every family with young children, as well as for child care providers.
It is so important to make your voice heard now. Contact your U.S. Congressional Representatives, and urge Congress to pass the Build Back Better Act. These robust investments represent a historic opportunity to create long-lasting, meaningful, equitable changes that will directly impact all communities.
It only takes 5 minutes! Use the links below to send a quick email to your U.S. Representative and U.S. Senators. You can use the automatic Child Care Aware of America template or personalize your message.
2. Save the dates for upcoming ECE advocacy professional development.
Save the dates for these upcoming events! You’ll have opportunities to sharpen your advocacy skills, learn with policy leaders and advocates, explore state/federal resources, and refine your skills to be an informed and effective champion for children.
- Saturday, February 19, 2022 – The 4th Annual Arizona Early Childhood Public Policy Forum sponsored by AzAEYC + partners
- Thursday, February 24, 2022 – Early Childhood Day the Capitol 2022 sponsored by Arizona Early Childhood Alliance
- Sunday, February 27 through Tuesday, March 1, 2022 – The NAEYC 2022 Public Policy Forum
We will share more details about these events soon.
3. Apply to serve on the AzAEYC Governing Board.
Are you interested in advancing equity in ECE? Do you want to help elevate the early childhood profession?
Apply to serve on the volunteer AzAEYC Governing Board! Be a part of our collective movement to create a strong, vibrant, equitable early childhood profession.
We are recruiting 5 AzAEYC board positions, each serving a 2-year term (1/1/2022 through 12/31/2023): Member-at-Large, Member-at-Large/Teacher Representative, President-Elect, Treasurer, Vice President of Professional Development.
Applications due on or before Monday, November 15, 2021.