American Public Health Association‘s ECO Bookworms book club invites parents, caregivers, and educators to start conversations about climate change and the environment with their little ones. Reading stories about climate change and our changing planet is a great place to start.
If you are an educator wanting to inspire climate action, you can choose one of their top five book picks, and ECO Bookworms will mail it to you for FREE.
Top 5 book options:
- “Old Enough to Save the Planet,” by Loll Kirby (Ages 8-12)
- “Drought,” by Melissa Stewart (Ages 4-8)
- “Solar Story: how one community lives alongside the world’s biggest solar plant,” by Allan Drummond (Ages 4-8)
- “Stand up! Speak up!: A Story Inspired by the Climate Change Revolution,” by Andrew Joyner (Ages 4-8)
- “Earth Hour: A lights-out event for our planet,” by Nanette Heffernan (Ages 3-7)